Thursday, July 29, 2010

Gone Cloggin': The Affordable Edition


Thanks to Chanel and Miu Miu, the fashion crowd has been embracing the new clog trend whole-heartedly. Well, not entirely whole-heartedly. There are definitely those who can't seem to look past the hated clogs of yesteryear. I understand, but my main hesitation when it comes to putting those backless babies on my feet has been entirely different. Sure, clogs are clogs, but I like 'em. Have you seen Alexa Chung in them? Super cute! My problem is that they're always so darn expensive. And yes, in my opinion, $100 Jeffery Campbell shoes are expensive. So what to do? As an obsessive online fashion geek, it was a simple matter to troll the web for some cheaper options. And since I made the effort, now you don't have to! You're welcome. Check it out:




1. Payless, $24.99. I'm rather partial to this pair, actually, although I couldn't tell you if they look really cheap in person. I do like that they're a reasonable height, though, and you know I'm always down for anything with studs.

2. Target, $24.99. Studs again! And they're from Target, aka my faaaavorite store! Clogs, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

3. Baker's Shoes, $69.99. These ones look a lot more like the Chanel ones people have been raving about. Only they're about a million times cheaper. Go get 'em, Tiger.

7 comments:

WendyB said...

The Baker's are the nicest, IMHO.

sami chu said...

clogs are everywhere! good finds! i love the ones from top shop + free people, but i suspect they are bit pricier!

ORIGINAL SEED said...

i want some so badly!!

http://whambamfuckyouman.blogspot.com

60isthenew55 said...

Oh, girls... This clog style is not new, and when it appeared a few decades back, doctors warned us of dire consequences. Notably sprained and broken ankles.

Did we listen? We did not.

Did we sprain and break our ankles? We did. I sprained an ankle so badly while wearing a pair of these cool clogs that my doctor told me I would have been better off if it had broken instead.

We didn't listen and neither will you. But please, take a good look at those shoes--see how easy it would be for them to tip over, with your ankle completely unsupported?--and wear them only when you will be walking slowly on extremely even pavement.

xiaocai_0424 said...

lovely shoes

dining table said...

Those three shoes are so stunning. I wish I can wear those shoes. The only question in my mind is if I can manage to wear that kind of high heels. It looks heavy.

Microsoft Office 2007 said...

NEVERTHELESS, THE CIVIL LAW is and must be neutral about who has a more noble or rewarding faith. The breakaway parishes ought to win every Office 2010facet of the lawsuit not becauseMicrosoft Office 2010 their beliefs or their politics are better, Microsoft wordbut because both lawOffice 2007and equity, along with common sense, are on Microsoft Officetheir side.Microsoft Office 2007 Not only does Virginia state law (the Division Statute)Office 2007 keyexplicitly apply to just such a Office 2007 downloadsituation as now exists, but the history Office 2007 Professionalespecially of The Falls Church argues against the claims of Outlook 2010the Virginia Diocese with which theyMicrosoft outlookhave disassociated.Microsoft outlook 2010First, The Falls Church wasWindows 7 founded, formed, and developed long before the diocese, or the national Episcopal Church, even existed.