Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Good Weekend & Sailor Shorts

Hello, grasshoppers!

How was your weekend? Mine was fairly delightful. I went to an estate sale Saturday morning and spent quite a few minutes rifling through an interesting array of vintage clothing, shoes, and purses. I came away with nothing, but was tickled to see that the newest issue of Teen Vogue (which was waiting for me when I came home) featured an ensemble by Proenza Schouler that looked exactly like one I had dismissed at the estate sale. Go figure. It was actually pretty ugly, though, and not in a good way. The night was spent in the company of some of my favorite girls, giggling and sharing secrets. And then today I went to Target to check out the newest GO collection by their in-house designers.

My reaction? Eh. The fabrics, which tend to be bordering on cheap in every GO collection, were pretty abysmal. I could tell just by looking at the clothes that they were cut in unflattering ways. The only item I tried on that I actually liked was the linen high-waisted skirt in steel with metallic coating, but it didn't seem worth the $30+ price tag. Still, it was pretty cute, and I think it would be an excellent way to look stylish at the office if paired with black pumps and a blouse. A warning, though - go up a size! I'm sometimes a 3, mostly a 5, but I was a 7 in this skirt.

Speaking of skirts, I did manage to score a Jovovich Hawk high-waisted denim mini skirt that was on sale.

I haven't done a good job documenting my outfits or clothing purchases lately, mostly because I've been both busy and utterly exhausted. Not to fear, though - I did a little modeling today. Behold my new (as of last weekend) denim sailor shorts!

It is love. I can wear them like a Navy darling:


Shorts: Paris Blues (TJ Maxx); top: a shop in Toronto; tights: TJ Maxx; shoes: swap; headband: H&M

Or I can wear them with my own strange twist:

Shorts: Paris Blues (TJ Maxx); top: Forever 21; tights: swap; flats: Nina (DSW); flowers: self-made

I don't know what I was going for here. Circus-sailor-dancer chic? Ah well. It works, I think.

I possibly just made a complete fool out of myself. Don't say I never do anything for you!



9 comments:

WendyB said...

Very cute shorts.

Andrea said...

Cute! i love the sailor look so much, and am on a hunt for shorts like those! I shall have to try tj maxx now :) and i passed on trying any of the new Go line on, because the one thing I liked was still too much for not even liking it that much...

The Clothes Horse said...

Cute looks! I love the shorts.

susie_bubble said...

Those are cute indeed....

Kori said...

wendyb- Thanks, I think so!

andrea- These were in the junior's "Cube" section, if you're looking for them...

the clothes horse- Thank you!

susie_bubble- Thanks! That's why I bought them:)

Good Girl Gone Shopping said...

OMG, you're totally cute! I gotta feature you on my blog. Contact me when you get a chance!

Lorraine said...

cheap wedding gowns
discount bridal gowns
China wedding dresses
discount designer wedding dresses
China wedding online store
plus size wedding dresses
cheap informal wedding dresses
junior bridesmaid dresses
cheap bridesmaid dresses
maternity bridesmaid dresses
discount flower girl gowns
cheap prom dresses
party dresses
evening dresses
mother of the bride dresses
special occasion dresses
cheap quinceanera dresses
hot red wedding dresses

Anonymous said...

Replica Handbags
Fake Handbags
Knockoff Handbags

Replica Louis Vuitton Handbags
Replica Gucci Handbags
Replica Chanel Handbags
Prada Handbags
Replica Fendi Handbags
Replica Dolce Gabbana Handbags
Replica Chloe Handbags
Replica Jimmy Choo Handbags
Replica Thomas Wylde Handbags
Replica MiuMiu Handbags

Replica Balenciaga Handbags
Replica Coach Handbags
Replica Lancel Handbags
Replica Hermes Handbags
Replica Marc Jacobs Handbags
Replica Anya Hindmarch Handbags
Replica YSL Handbags
Replica Mulberry Handbags
Replica Givenchy Handbags
Replica Valentino Handbags
Replica Versace Handbags
Replica Cartier Handbags
Replica Marni Handbags
Replica Bottega Veneta Handbags
Replica Loewe Handbags
Replica Kooba Handbags

Replica Bally Handbags
Replica Burberry Handbags
Replica Christian Dior Handbags
Replica Juicy Couture Handbags
Replica Ferragamo Handbags
Replica Celine Handbags

tool pouch said...

they way you wear it feels like they are would fit any type of dress.