Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Springtime Frolic

I bought a few new things while on a mini-shopping spree with my Bubbe on Long Island.

Because today is vacation and the weather has been beautiful, warm, and sunny, my friend Katie and I spent a lazy day walking in the woods, picnicking, and chatting about all sorts of nonsense. I managed to drag her out into my backyard to get a few good shots of some of my new gear, instead of the shoddy indoor ones I normally take with the self timer.

We had fun!

Here I am modeling my new shirt from H&M, my Jovovich-Hawk skirt, and some shoes I just bought for under $10 at Steve & Barry's. The shoes were from the SJP line, and are surprisingly cute! The collection is known to be plain, but these wedges feature studs and a heel that is just short of four inches - which is far from plain. I am surprised I can walk in them without wiping out. I wouldn't call my walk graceful, though. More like pitiful.

It feels very spring-like, no? Bare legs and flowers all the way! Actually, I'm a little uncomfortable in such a short skirt without leggings or tights, but I tried to balance it out with a baggy top. The studs on the shoes hopefully toughened up the look a bit and kept it from looking overly girly.

Speaking of the shoes, here is a close-up of them:

Ignore the smudge of dirt from my backyard frolic / photo shoot. Cute, right? Not the most comfortable, but good enough. They were somewhere around $8.50, after all.

Have you bought anything great recently? Do tell!

17 comments:

WendyB said...

Adorable pix!

sophia. said...

I love your blog. I only just found it but I've reading everything. I love your clothes. Keep writing :)
x

susie_bubble said...

That's the first I've seen of SJP's line.... looks better than I thought!

Leila said...

You look real pretty with the yellow flower! Oh Spring~ I'm lovin' it

As for great buys, hmmm I'm still waiting for the stuff I got in a spree to be shipped over. Remember the question of pink or black posed to you? It's one of the stuff I got. (:

Anonymous said...

Hey Koriiiiii
I am going to call you tonight but I thought I would catch up on your blog first. You should totally be on america's next top model. You would be the pretty awkward girl that takes really good pictures :) Anyways, I will talk to you soon hopefully.
Lydia

Anonymous said...

so I just wanted to say sorry, I got tied up writing a paper, but also that I meant that you looked like the "pretty, awkward girl" not the "pretty awkward girl" who unfortunately got voted off tonight.

katie-lilga said...

gorgeous photos!

The Clothes Horse said...

I love the flower in your hair. I used to wear flowers in my hair all the time when I lived in HI since the position has meanings, but I've gotten out of the habit...

Dave said...

kori! i can't believe you never showed me this! my dad just showed me the article in the globe :) this is pretty awesome, and i just saw the poem you wrote in the workshop, and aah we gotta chat at some point soon cause i never see you anymore ;-)

Kori said...

wendyb- Thanks!

sophia- Aww, thank you!

susie_bubble- Most of it is pretty blah. These are nothing at all like the rest of the collection!

leila- Thanks! How did that romper turn out?

anonymous- Oh Lydia...

katie-lilga- Thanks:)

the clothes horse- Oh, that's so cool you used to live in HI! I'd love to see you post about the different flower meanings, as I'm ignorant to it but still fascinated.

dave- Ha, thanks! I thought I had showed this to you when we were discussing website design at some point, but maybe not...

Diabolina said...

cutie blog.

kiss,
a new fan

bloggirl said...

Aw, this post is so fun! I love Jovovich-Hawk. I bought that bag they made from target...it's jean material and has gold sparrows on it? I love it!

I just wanted to say that I love your blog, and you're definitely an inspiration for me. I just started a fashion blog, but it has no readers and I don't really know how to like, get people to read it. It's movie fashions...like, looks for less. Anywho, feel free to check it out! It's nothing special, but keep in mind I just started it. it's http://cinemainspired.blogspot.com/

Kori said...

diabolina- Thanks:)

bloggirl- Oh, I wanted that bag! So cute, but I never did see it in person, only online. Am checking out your blog right now!

bloggirl said...

Omg thanks! Yeah, I was at Target here in Fort Myers, and there it was--all alone! So of course I snagged it! lol.

Thanks so much for even taking the time to LOOK at my sorry excuse of a blog! lol. I'd love your feedback!

aziza said...

I got an awesome leather jacket. I posted pics over at my blog. It's very Thriller. I love it.

Lorraine said...

cheap wedding gowns
discount bridal gowns
China wedding dresses
discount designer wedding dresses
China wedding online store
plus size wedding dresses
cheap informal wedding dresses
junior bridesmaid dresses
cheap bridesmaid dresses
maternity bridesmaid dresses
discount flower girl gowns
cheap prom dresses
party dresses
evening dresses
mother of the bride dresses
special occasion dresses
cheap quinceanera dresses
hot red wedding dresses

Anonymous said...

Replica Handbags
Fake Handbags
Knockoff Handbags

Replica Louis Vuitton Handbags
Replica Gucci Handbags
Replica Chanel Handbags
Prada Handbags
Replica Fendi Handbags
Replica Dolce Gabbana Handbags
Replica Chloe Handbags
Replica Jimmy Choo Handbags
Replica Thomas Wylde Handbags
Replica MiuMiu Handbags

Replica Balenciaga Handbags
Replica Coach Handbags
Replica Lancel Handbags
Replica Hermes Handbags
Replica Marc Jacobs Handbags
Replica Anya Hindmarch Handbags
Replica YSL Handbags
Replica Mulberry Handbags
Replica Givenchy Handbags
Replica Valentino Handbags
Replica Versace Handbags
Replica Cartier Handbags
Replica Marni Handbags
Replica Bottega Veneta Handbags
Replica Loewe Handbags
Replica Kooba Handbags

Replica Bally Handbags
Replica Burberry Handbags
Replica Christian Dior Handbags
Replica Juicy Couture Handbags
Replica Ferragamo Handbags
Replica Celine Handbags