Monday, October 27, 2008

Autumn

Here's some proof that I'm sometimes pretty low maintenance:

I went for the most beautiful hike today, dog in tow (or rather racing through the pond muck ahead of me), without a care for my appearance. I really think it's important for everyone, fashion-obsessed as they might be, to have some time off from worrying about that stuff. You don't need to look perfect all the time. So when I'm off to the forest, it's on with a comfy Alternative Apparel top, faded jeans, and torn up Chucks. Today I accessorized by throwing an '80s scarf around my head to keep my hair out of my face and slinging the trusty camera bag over my shoulder. Tres walking chic. Ahem. Well, at least tres walking. The chic part is debatable.

But honestly, was there even a point in trying to compete with the splendor of my surroundings?

I'm pretty sure it couldn't have been done. Ahh, I love autumn in Massachusetts.

At the moment, I'm planning to attend a party to celebrate the opening of the Achilles Project's new online boutique tomorrow night. It's open to the public, so let me know if you're going to be there and maybe we can meet up! It should be fun and a good place to encounter fashionable Bostonians. I've been meaning to check out the Achilles Project for ages, anyway. New Brahmin has the details about the party if you're interested. I'll try to take some photos and get a real feel for the boutique; after all, even if you can't make it to the brick-and-mortar Boston location, you'll soon be able to shop online. . .

3 comments:

*taylor said...

Where in Mass are you from? I'm from Brookline but living in Boston (same diff seeing how they're 5 minutes away from each other)

Just a lurker saying hi :)

xoxo

Cassidy said...

That picture is absouletly stunning, really. I never get that in California.
My mom used to live in Boston. She wants to take me back there, she always raves about how beautiful it is in the Fall.

Maddy said...

I'm so very jealous that you are experiencing glorious Boston fall (but not that the ice-cold winter is on its way, of course!) I go to BC and absolutely love this time of year. I am studying abroad this year and missing seeing the seasons change more than words can say! Boston is seriously a pre-winter gem.