Wednesday, July 4, 2007

A Sartorial Thought

The two street style blogs that I read on a daily basis are Facehunter and The Sartorialist, although I make a point of stopping in at Oslostil every so often. I always find it interesting how the personal styles of the different photographers come through in their photos. Case in point - these pictures from the Sartorialist:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

In each photo, the featured person is wearing a classically chic outfit with a quirky twist, which is something I appreciate. However, in each picture I notice a person in the background whose outfit I would rather see up close, like the woman in the purple stilleto mary janes in the first one, and the woman with the seafoam pants and little hats in the second. Maybe the Facehunter, who tends to shoot "louder" styles, would have snapped photos of them if he were present. I think it would be totally fascinating for the Facehunter and the Sartorialist to spend a few days taking pictures together, just to see what they both come up with.

Maybe we can unite and convince them. All in favor of this idea say aye! (And possibly post about this thought on your blog to spread the word...Maybe if it gets circulated for a bit, it will actually happen...)

9 comments:

c.lorraine said...

I'm obsessed with the sartorialist too! Love love love.

Candid Cool said...

I think the way the contrasting "backgrounders" complement the main subject is little more than incidental. I think he must wait for that opportune moment.

Such as when the Yves Saint Laurent heeled woman would walk by leaving her stiletto in the frame or when Anna Piaggi would lean over to say somethint to Beppe

Kori said...

Oh, I agree. The Sartorialist is definitely a pro. That's one of the reasons I so enjoy his blog! Still, it is interesting to note who he made the focus of the photo.

Robin said...

Those are the two that I watch, also! I totally agree. I've been in more of a sartorialist mood lately, though. I think you nailed it. Linked you.

Kori said...

I linked you back, Robin. I love your blog and its name.

Lorraine said...

cheap wedding gowns
discount bridal gowns
China wedding dresses
discount designer wedding dresses
China wedding online store
plus size wedding dresses
cheap informal wedding dresses
junior bridesmaid dresses
cheap bridesmaid dresses
maternity bridesmaid dresses
discount flower girl gowns
cheap prom dresses
party dresses
evening dresses
mother of the bride dresses
special occasion dresses
cheap quinceanera dresses
hot red wedding dresses

Anonymous said...

Replica Handbags
Fake Handbags
Knockoff Handbags

Replica Louis Vuitton Handbags
Replica Gucci Handbags
Replica Chanel Handbags
Prada Handbags
Replica Fendi Handbags
Replica Dolce Gabbana Handbags
Replica Chloe Handbags
Replica Jimmy Choo Handbags
Replica Thomas Wylde Handbags
Replica MiuMiu Handbags

Replica Balenciaga Handbags
Replica Coach Handbags
Replica Lancel Handbags
Replica Hermes Handbags
Replica Marc Jacobs Handbags
Replica Anya Hindmarch Handbags
Replica YSL Handbags
Replica Mulberry Handbags
Replica Givenchy Handbags
Replica Valentino Handbags
Replica Versace Handbags
Replica Cartier Handbags
Replica Marni Handbags
Replica Bottega Veneta Handbags
Replica Loewe Handbags
Replica Kooba Handbags

Replica Bally Handbags
Replica Burberry Handbags
Replica Christian Dior Handbags
Replica Juicy Couture Handbags
Replica Ferragamo Handbags
Replica Celine Handbags

tool pouches said...

the first photo is great. she is more emphasized because of somehow blur background.

VanityofVanities said...

I just love the purple stilleto of a woman in the first picture, and maybe I'm rude but I even want to see that woman close up than the chic in black dress in the photo, eh.

Cheers,
Cathy@logo embroidery