Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dressing It Up

Last night my grade had a bit of an almost-graduated celebration, full of memories, food, and dancing. I finally got to wear that one-shouldered dress:

I decided to play up the toga-esque aspect of the dress with black/gold suede gladiators from Baker's, my vintage quilted bag, and a pair of gold chandelier earrings my sister lent me. My twin brother, who was also attending the event (although not as my date), is my dashing accomplice in the picture as we show off our spiffy evening wear.

Because I felt so good in my outfit (although I wish I hadn't been in such a rush to get ready so I could've done my hair in a more flattering way), I'll be extra-vain and give you a closeup of the shoes and purse:

The purse has a tassel that isn't visible in the picture. The shoes have a one-inch heel and therefore were still comfortable after an hour of dancing (whereas most other girls had to kick off their precariously tall shoes), while the dress garnered many a compliment and had just enough stretch to make dancing a snap.

I love dressing up, especially at one of those occasions where everyone looks amazing. Throughout the night, when forced to abandon the dance floor for a cool drink, I couldn't help but sigh in happiness as I took in the general fashion eye candy. Nothing boundary-pushing (we're suburban teenagers, after all), but the pretty frocks, shimmering shoes, and glossed smiles were definitely worth a look.

9 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Love the dress and those shoes. Looks perfect for dancing.

Anonymous said...

I still haven't listened to your message but that is just because I was at my own senior night and now i am too lazy to go get my phone. Unfortunately our senior night was camp themed so instead of dressing up I just braided my hair like it was 2002...anyways, I will listen in the morning, but I am sad you didn't get to visit my school :(

Anonymous said...

Join my club to enjoy your favorite designers' bags and accessories for as long as you like, as often as you like. Just use my permalink for the full details
Get instant access to the tips and tricks of an image consultant to compliment your personal style @ https://paydotcom.com/r/13819/sabre23/18062560/
Remember the importance of nutrition for natural beauty! If you drink alcohol, coffee, caffeinated beverages, smoke, have an immune system compromised due to environmental factors, or suffer from the persistent discomfort of dehydration you owe it to yourself to adopt a proactive wellness strategy with hyperimmunity superfood @ http://www.webspawner.com/users/beautycosmetics/index.html

Anonymous said...

you look gorgeous!!!
not many people can do one shoulder...and you do it well!

Richel said...

I really love this look. That one strap is GORGEOUS.

vanessa said...

shoes are great! (and the dress) but those shoes you can wear with so many things!

Kori said...

the clothes horse - Thanks; it was!

lydia - Damnit, I thought you still had another week left and I was planning to visit your school! I guess you'll just have to show me off at your grad party instead...

lady coveted - Thank you; I'm blushing:)

ragamala - Thanks, I was pretty happy with it!

vanessa - True, true. Although the fact that the shoes are suede makes me afraid I'll ruin them if I wear them casually.

Vic said...

I have shoes exactly like yours but they're royal blue (almost purple) and Steve Madden http://www.stevemadden.com/item.aspx?id=44114. I luuuurve them.

Anonymous said...

I just thought I'd point out that I also pulled off weariung my shoes for most of the night - brand new orange leather Nine West 3 inch pumps - uber comfortable, sexy price ($40).

check plus.

-Monika