Sunday, December 30, 2007

Resolution Mania

Are you making New Year's Resolutions this year? I usually don't, but I have a couple things I plan to work on this year, both style-wise and otherwise. None of them, I fear, are as deliciously ambitious as Miss Couturable's resolution to become a cupcake connoisseur, but I think they'll work out very nicely for me. To be honest, I started working on most of my resolutions a while ago, because I believe in working on self-improvement more than once a year, but I think I'll list them anyway.

So here, without further ado, are my New Year's Resolutions. The fashion-y ones are bolded, because otherwise I fear this post might not belong on a fashion blog. But, well, it's my blog, and I can do what I want to. (insert childish tongue wiggling):

♥ I will start lucid dreaming. I heard about this a while ago, but listening to this podcast has renewed my interest. Seriously, the whole concept may seem crazy to you, but just listen to the podcast and see what you think. I actually started trying to remember my dreams a week or two ago, and I've been gradually remembering more and more. Also, last night I had a lucid dream and managed to fly a bit. I hope I continue on the path of success!

I will broaden my wardrobe. Buh-bye to I-have-nothing-to-wear situations! I am working on collecting versatile, classic pieces that will last me through many occasions, such as the blazer I recently bought. I'd also like to accumilate dramatic pieces, which Nina Garcia, in her Little Black Book of Style, stresses the importance of. Nina says that upon falling in love with a dramatic piece, it may be necessary to drop a lot of cash, but I prefer to find dramatic pieces on the cheap. I think I can do it! I will be scouring Twelve by Twelve, thrift shops, etc.

I will learn to sew. I requested and recieved Wendy Mullin (of Built by Wendy)'s Sew You for Hanukkah this year, and when I find the time, I plan to use it! I hope to garner basic sewing skills that will allow me to create and alter fantastic clothing.

♥ I will figure out a direction for my life. With the end of high school looming, it's time to find something fantastic to do with the year off my Chronic Fatigue has forced me to take before college. I want this year to be productive, rewarding, and potentially life-changing.

♥ I will continue to heal. I have had such a rough time with my illness, and the healing has been very slow. I plan on using positive thought to help myself improve to the point where I can have a normal life again.

On that note, I'm thinking that I might tell the story of my illness to you all at some point. It sounds like a depressing subject, but I think it's important for people to learn more about Chronic Fatigue and dealing with huge roadblocks in life. Would this interest anyone?

And also, do you have any new year's resolutions?

3 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I haven't made up any clear resolutions yet, I'm still spending time in reflection on this past year.
I would care to hear more about your illness and Chronic Fatigue in general. If you feel comfortable talking about it I think it would be a great oppurtunity to educate (me!).

Carolyn Keene said...

ouch chronic fatigue... not really sure what that is. it would be nice to hear your story, and to get educated about that. have a great 2008! (haha.. that rhymes)

Anonymous said...

I was *just* reading about lucid dreaming yesterday and promising to make myself a 'reality check' bracelet so I can make an effort to start.

I've read about CFS but don't know anyone with it. I think there's nothing wrong with shots of personal life in a fashion blog--I do it all the time. And hey, we wouldn't be reading in the first place if we weren't interested.