Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Yet Another Online Magazine

When I first heard of the newly-launched Clutch magazine, I knew I needed to check it out. I was surprised to find a few very distinct differences between Clutch and online magazines that I was already familliar with, such as Neet. First of all, the format is completely different. Clutch is less like a magazine and more like a blog separated into several categories, like Fashion, Beauty, etc. Also, Clutch definitely contains simillar content to magazines such asLucky and Cosmo...it doesn't seem to have the penchant for small independent businesses and cheap stuff that Neet has. This isn't necessarily bad, just different. The only truly unique thing about Clutch (that I have noticed so far) is a monthly listing of featured blogs. This is great, because I'm always on the lookout for new blogs to read. I wasn't very impressed with the Fashion section of Clutch, because it contained 'trend-alerts' that other bloggers have been posting about for months - metallics, neon colors, etc. Still, the beauty section was fairly good, and I would definitely reccomend checking in once a month to see if there are any articles that interest you in the newest issue. Hey, it's free, what've you got to lose?

1 comment:

Dede said...

Hi! My name is Deanna and I am the founder of Clutch. I really want to thank you for taking the time out to come and check us out! As we grow, I promise to tighten up our fashion department. I would love to hear your feedback on what you would like to see :)

Peace and Lipglass,

Deanna
dsutton@clutchmagazine.com