Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Vintage Vogue Heaven

Thanks to those of you who asked how my midterm went! It was a hard test, but I think I did okay. And now that it's over with, I get to spend my time doing more interesting things, like poring over old pictures from Vogue!

The paintings and drawings that filled the past issues have always amazed me with their stunning beauty, but today I'm drawn to vintage Vogue photographs. Check it out:



Gossip Girl, eat your heart out! 1950s fashionistas pulled off the schoolgirl look in a classy, sassy way.

Coco Chanel makes that tangle of gold medallions look so elegant.

I love Goldie Hawn's dress almost as much as I love her pose.

Oooh, Sophia Loren! Smoking kills, children...

I adore this picture of Penelope Tree. I just do. I would wear her outfit out, no questions asked.

If you want to ogle some more vintage photographs, or perhaps feast your eyes on beautiful fashion artwork, head to the Conde Nast store. Also available are pictures and covers from magazines like Vanity Fair, Mademoiselle, House and Garden, and GQ. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd never seen that image of Goldie Hawn. She looks fantastic.

And I hate chokers, too. I won't be wearing one any time soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow.... I too love Goldie Hawn's dress and the first photo of the two pencil skirted ladies is quite inspiring...

WendyB said...

Love these!

Marie-Kristine said...

so chic! goldie hawn's picture looks incredibly modern.
gosh, whenever i see a picture of a glamorous person smoking, all those anti-smoking lessons i learned in elementery school go right out of my head.
i'm off to go repeat my personal anti-smoking mantra over and over: "smoking makes you ugly... smoking makes you ugly..."

Anonymous said...

goldie hawn has looked fantastic for so many years, its ridiculous.

she's my hero.

Anonymous said...

A quintessential staple of Coco Chanel is PEARLS....she used to almost strangle herself with loads of pearls, that is what I think of when I see any pictures of her, I am always looking for those pearls.....I wish we could still pull of those looks from the pages of these vintage vouge's without looking retarded.....I truly bllieve I was born in the wrong era!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

denim aprons said...

are you a fan of vogue? i have almost scan you blog and mostly it covers vogue. thinking it deeply a clothing or fashion like that only fits those with money. people who are not that reach can't afford to buy clothes like those.