Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Springtime!

Happy Springtime, everyone! Get ready to dig out your sandals, airy dresses, and umbrellas - unless, like me, you never put them away.

My negligence this week as a blogger really came as quite a shock to me. I was curled up on the couch today, immersed in the perfectly chosen words of Anais Nin's tales, when it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't written in, oh, a day or two. So I slipped a bookmark between musty pages and made my way to the computer, summoning up my blog on the screen.

Where I realized that I hadn't written since Wednesday. Ooops.

How did this week manage to slip by so quickly?

So I'm sitting here, writing, just to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you. I have some new clothing purchases to share when I have enough time to take decent pictures, as well as an interesting blog-related surprise that will have to wait so that I don't jinx it. Oh, and tomorrow my friend and I are going to work on styling a photoshoot! The concept is mixing Indian and American clothing, and my friend will model while I take the shots. I have the perfect shoot location picked out, and it will be so fun! I just hope I don't botch things up too much with the camera; I'm far from a pro, and my Canon A610 is not the sharpest camera in the world.

We shall see. . .

For now, I'm going to slip into bed to read the Lula Magazine I finally managed to pick up yesterday and drift off into dreams of floaty dresses, colored maccaroons, polkadot tights, and rainbows.

2 comments:

Anil said...

Thanks Kori. As Indians celebrate Holi (colour festival) today and Easter worldwide, the fusion of Indian and American dresses shown in your blog is timely. This remind me the Costa Rican knitting.
Make a point to visit costaricahq.org blog. Happy Easter!

Kori said...

That's interesting...but please no advertising here!