Saturday, September 15, 2007

Alice Temperly's Target Collection



Today I went to Kohl's to check out Simply Vera, and then to Target to see if Alice Temperly's line had hit stores yet. Like many others, I wasn't impressed with Vera's collection. The fabrics were just icky and the quality was clearly poor. I couldn't bring myself to try on any of the clothing, but I slipped on a pair of flats and found them to be stiff, cheap, and uncomfortable. And that was that. I spent about 10 minutes in Kohl's and felt like it was a waste of time.

Target was another story. A somewhat picked-over Alice Temperly collection was in the store, and I loved almost everything! Usually the Go collections aren't very nice in person, but this was an exception. After heart brokenly figuring out that a gorgeous ruffled grey Temperly dress was no longer available in my size, I loaded several items of clothing into my arms and tried them on. I ended up with the above blue jacket and sweater. The jacket has some really nice details, like the buttons, polka-dot lining, and ruffles, and I love the cape-like shape of the sleeves. Very ladylike, I think. It's not quite as blue as is appears in the photo, and I wouldn't normally wear it over a black shirt like that. I also picked up a cute printed sweater. It's very comfortable, and the cut is very flattering around the neck.

All in all, I'm a pretty happy camper. I'll have to check back to see if my local store gets more of that dress in, though. I recommend the collection - go check it out!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That jacket is cute.

What exactly is Kohl's? Is it like a Target/Walmart type of store? (we don't have that here in Canada)

Kori said...

Yep, it's like Target and Walmart, only I'm pretty sure it only sells clothing, shoes, and home goods.

LalaLiu said...

those pieces are quite lovely! I checked out the Vera Wang line as well and thought the same "ick" as you did. The fabrics were all stretchy polyester types and the prices are still pretty steep. I belive the Target collections are way better. I went to Target also yesterday and I didn't even realize there was a new Go International up! I saw some of the pieces and I really liked them, but too bad I'm trying to curb my spending habits. Sigh. But I really do like that jacket!

Christy said...

I haven't stopped to try anything on yet, but I've been impressed with the way the new Target collection looks, too. I've been particularly eyeing that sweater you ended up with. I may have to go check it out soon, despite my best intentions to (like lalaliu) spend less.

daddylikeyblog said...

I've gots to get my ass to Target!

Anonymous said...

uh. informative text.