Friday, September 14, 2007

Urban Warrior

My cousin first introduced me to Flare Magazine (A Canadian fashion magazine) about two years ago. She was interning there at the time (lucky girl), and she gave me several copies of it to flip through. I loved it, because it was full of eye candy for anyone with an eye for aesthetic - both beautiful fashion spreads/editorials and beautiful home goods. It featured some quirky things that you wouldn't see in Elle or Vogue. I devoured the magazines, put them on my bookshelf, and forgot about them.

Just today, I suddenly remembered Flare. I went online, and was once again intrigued. I especially enjoyed the editorial Urban Warrior. Full of tough black boots and jackets mixed with colored tights and playful extras, it's pure inspiration. Badass meets fun. I want to create my own Urban Warrior look! Take a peek:








Great, huh? I wish larger images were available. Find the rest of the editorial here.

Other highlights of the fashion section include dreamy photographs, affordable looks, and an interesting article on Japanese street style. Check it out!

1 comment:

kids apron said...

thats funny Kori, URBAN WARRIOR dressed like superheroes. maybe they also need helmets. :)