Monday, September 17, 2007

Tyra Banks Show Covers Fashion Week

To be honest, Tyra Banks kind of pisses me off.

I just get the feeling that she's very fake for reasons that I have observed on America's Next Top Model, which I am shamefully obsessed with.

However, I still plan to tune into Tyra's talk show tomorrow. Why? Look at the show description:

"Move your furniture to the side, because Fashion Week is taking over your living room! Tyra brings the famed New York Fashion Week to you when she spends the hour showing the craziness that happens backstage as fashion designers reveal their new creations to the world. An aspiring designer gets the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to shadow Amir Slama, a well-known designer for Rosa Cha to learn what Fashion Week is really like. Tyra emcees a fashion show when she and designer Tracy Reese bring Reese's Spring 2008 collection to unsuspecting daily commuters in New York's Port Authority. Tyra and her fabulous best friend Kimora Lee Simmons explain how fashion forward designs seen on the runway trickle down to the everyday clothes we buy in department stores. Plus, Tyra presents an award at VH1's Fashion Rocks, an event that kicks off Fashion Week, and "Tyra" correspondent Danielle Fishel gets interviews with your favorite celebs on the red carpet. Then, Stacey Bendet, designer for Alice + Olivia, brings the newest collection to Tyra's runway for an up-close fashion show. "

Tyra's finally using her fashion connections for something good! I'm excited.

3 comments:

gilda said...

i've been watching top model re-runs too, and i gotta admit she's quite hypocritical. one minute she says this then one minute she says something else. i love the two trainers though.

Ondo Lady said...

Oh my god!! Can you imagine Tyra and Kimora together during fashion week. What a sight, I like Kimora but I cannot hardly bear Trya but the two together?!!! Nah.

Kori said...

gilda - quite true.

ondo lady - Ha, that would be insane!

Now that I'm commenting on this post, I realize I forgot to watch the show. Drat!