Friday, November 9, 2007

Blogging Society Challenge Entries - Post 3

Can you guess what today is? The day before the deadline for the Blogging Society Challenge! So if you haven't sent me your entry, get a move on, people!

I finally got my entry together. Sorry it took me so long! Here it is:


I ended up with a totally different kind of outfit than I expected. I'm not usually a plain black-and-white kinda gal. But when I created the skirt, it suddenly became clear that simple and chic was the way to go. I feel very classy and elegant in this outfit.

To make the skirt, I put the shirt on my bottom half and turned it around. I tucked the collar under, wrapped the sleeves around, and tied them together in the front. It was surprisingly easy, and way more wearable than I thought. I'm thrilled! You can find a close-up of the skirt here.

For the curious, the t-shirt is H&M, the tights are from Marshall's, the shoes are from DSW, the bag is from Kohl's, the earrings are from a county fair, and the shirt/skirt is my dad's.

Now for some other fantastic entries:

Kimberly:

"Here are my blogging society challenge photos. No one was around totake a full length picture of me, so I hope these are okay. I pinned an oversized mens shirt back with one of my favorite pins and I paired it with a high waisted black miniskirt. I also popped the collar and rolled up the sleeves for added drama. Because it is cold in Boston I am wearing tights and boots, although you can't really tell from the pictures."

Bigglassesgirl:

"I chose to layer two mens shirts, cuff the sleeves, and belt them to create a kind-of doctor's aesthetic, and paired that with some slouchy boots and dark jeans."

Well, that's it for now! I'm hoping for some last-minute entries, but overall, I think the Challenge has gone very well. I love your outfits, everyone! Thanks for participating!

4 comments:

Christy said...

I love what you did with the men's shirt! I may have to borrow this idea. I'm really curious what the back looks like, though. Did you take any photos of the back?

Kori said...

Thanks:)
Unfortunately I don't have any photos of the back. It didn't look as great as the front, but it looked okay. I couldn't button it up all the way, so I sort of tucked the unbuttoned gap up into the place where the sleeves wrapped around.

Lorraine said...

cheap wedding gowns
discount bridal gowns
China wedding dresses
discount designer wedding dresses
China wedding online store
plus size wedding dresses
cheap informal wedding dresses
junior bridesmaid dresses
cheap bridesmaid dresses
maternity bridesmaid dresses
discount flower girl gowns
cheap prom dresses
party dresses
evening dresses
mother of the bride dresses
special occasion dresses
cheap quinceanera dresses
hot red wedding dresses

Anonymous said...

Replica Handbags
Fake Handbags
Knockoff Handbags

Replica Louis Vuitton Handbags
Replica Gucci Handbags
Replica Chanel Handbags
Prada Handbags
Replica Fendi Handbags
Replica Dolce Gabbana Handbags
Replica Chloe Handbags
Replica Jimmy Choo Handbags
Replica Thomas Wylde Handbags
Replica MiuMiu Handbags

Replica Balenciaga Handbags
Replica Coach Handbags
Replica Lancel Handbags
Replica Hermes Handbags
Replica Marc Jacobs Handbags
Replica Anya Hindmarch Handbags
Replica YSL Handbags
Replica Mulberry Handbags
Replica Givenchy Handbags
Replica Valentino Handbags
Replica Versace Handbags
Replica Cartier Handbags
Replica Marni Handbags
Replica Bottega Veneta Handbags
Replica Loewe Handbags
Replica Kooba Handbags

Replica Bally Handbags
Replica Burberry Handbags
Replica Christian Dior Handbags
Replica Juicy Couture Handbags
Replica Ferragamo Handbags
Replica Celine Handbags