Thursday, November 15, 2007

Some Beauty Reviews

Believe it or not, it's time for some makeup reviews! Ta-dah! I don't wear much makeup, but I've accumulated a few new items, so I figured I'd let you know what I thought of them. On a strictly non-expert basis, might I add.



Okay, first up is Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in Organza Pink:



I picked up this gloss at Bloomingdales during Teen Vogue's Fashion U because I was trying to find something to spend my $20 Bloomies gift card on. I'm not much of a lip gloss girl, so I didn't expect to like this. I usually wear tinted lip balms in matte or slightly shimmery red or berry shades. I skeptically picked out this gloss at the sales assistant's suggestion, but I was sure I would hate the shimmery pink, glossy shade. I was wrong. It's very subtle, fresh, and flattering. It's not sticky or goopy like some glosses are, and it has just the right amount of shine. Plus, it's in such a pretty container! Love it!

Okay, now for some mascara reviews. I am so not a mascara girl, just to warn you. I have been blessed with naturally long, dark, and curly lashes, so I've never before bothered with mascara. However, when I recieved Maybelline XXL Curl Power Volume + Length Microfiber Mascara in my Teen Vogue's Fashion U goody bag, I finally had a chance to try out mascara.


I am not a fan of this mascara. I'm aware that I did a really bad job applying it, but it made my eyelashes what Cher from Clueless would have called a total "Monet."


From far away, they looked okay, dark and super-long (long enough to touch my eyebrows):



Up close, on the other hand, you could tell that the mascara came out goopy and lumpy, and that it clumped on my lashes and made them stiff:



I recieved a second mascara in a gift sent to me from Coutorture and Sephora. This mascara was Sephora Volume Mascara. Unlike the Maybelline mascara, I liked this a lot. It made my lashes darker and more noticeable, but not wildly so. It came out smoothly, was easy to apply, and didn't clump or stiffen my lashes:



Aaah, much better! I liked this one a lot, although it might not be worth using for me, since my lashes don't look all that different from usual when covered in subtle mascara.


Lastly, I wanted to review Tommy Girl 10 perfume, even though it's not technically makeup, because I recieved it in my Teen Vogue goody bag and liked it very much:
To me it smells very clean and fresh. It's not too strong or too weak, and it seems very down-to-earth. I think it's one of those scents that would be hard to hate. I'm not so good at picking out specific notes or anything, but The Scented Salamander did a wonderful review.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have dior addict and i love it!

Beautoria Vintage said...

Pretty eyes!

Kori said...

Thanks:)

Coque said...

Love the lip gloss color......I usually don't buy really expensive lines 'cause it's really just makeup, which I will take off later.....but this one really is nice!!! I think I'll get it!

Lorraine said...

cheap wedding gowns
discount bridal gowns
China wedding dresses
discount designer wedding dresses
China wedding online store
plus size wedding dresses
cheap informal wedding dresses
junior bridesmaid dresses
cheap bridesmaid dresses
maternity bridesmaid dresses
discount flower girl gowns
cheap prom dresses
party dresses
evening dresses
mother of the bride dresses
special occasion dresses
cheap quinceanera dresses
hot red wedding dresses

Anonymous said...

Replica Handbags
Fake Handbags
Knockoff Handbags

Replica Louis Vuitton Handbags
Replica Gucci Handbags
Replica Chanel Handbags
Prada Handbags
Replica Fendi Handbags
Replica Dolce Gabbana Handbags
Replica Chloe Handbags
Replica Jimmy Choo Handbags
Replica Thomas Wylde Handbags
Replica MiuMiu Handbags

Replica Balenciaga Handbags
Replica Coach Handbags
Replica Lancel Handbags
Replica Hermes Handbags
Replica Marc Jacobs Handbags
Replica Anya Hindmarch Handbags
Replica YSL Handbags
Replica Mulberry Handbags
Replica Givenchy Handbags
Replica Valentino Handbags
Replica Versace Handbags
Replica Cartier Handbags
Replica Marni Handbags
Replica Bottega Veneta Handbags
Replica Loewe Handbags
Replica Kooba Handbags

Replica Bally Handbags
Replica Burberry Handbags
Replica Christian Dior Handbags
Replica Juicy Couture Handbags
Replica Ferragamo Handbags
Replica Celine Handbags