Thursday, October 18, 2007

Get the Look: Karl Lagerfeld



I was admiring a tuxedo-inspired jacket at Mod Cloth when I felt a sudden urge to dress like Karl Lagerfeld. As I bounded excitedly over to my closet to pull together a Lagerfeld-esque look, I suddenly realized that my wardrobe lacked anything Karl would ever consider wearing. So I trudged wearily back to my computer and set about finding a more femme Lagerfeld-inspired look to post here. It's not quite as fun as actually rocking the look myself, but it's the next best thing. So here it is:


1. Tough Tux Jacket, $159.99 Mod Cloth (no one ever said the look had to be affordable)
2. Ruffle front blouse, $38 Love Tease
3. Leather fingerless gloves, $33.23 ASOS
4. Risky business sunglasses, $9 Fred Flare
5. Joydon ankle boot, $98.95 Nordstrom

Powdered hair optional.

I omitted Lagerfeld's signature black tie in favor of a ruffly shirt because a) I am clearly a born rebel (hear me roar!), and b) Whenever girls wear ties it makes me think of Avril Lavigne, causing me to spend a few nauseating days with "Complicated" stuck in my head. And it hurts, truly.

Please pair these items with a pair of skinny black pants (or jeans) if you plan to rock the look. I omitted those because I was feeling lazy, not because I was feeling rebellious. Seriously, the whole no-pants look is only for messes like Britney Spears.

Oh no. I have just made two references to bad pop stars. I am ashamed.

6 comments:

the Grey said...

Dammit, just when I was about to crack a silly joke about the pantless look, you just had to go and write that penultimate paragraph. Drats, foiled again! :P

Anonymous said...

You are such a retard, you wouldent know Karls style if it bit you on the ass!

and if you think $150 is un-affordable, you have no place in fashion!

Lorraine said...

cheap wedding gowns
discount bridal gowns
China wedding dresses
discount designer wedding dresses
China wedding online store
plus size wedding dresses
cheap informal wedding dresses
junior bridesmaid dresses
cheap bridesmaid dresses
maternity bridesmaid dresses
discount flower girl gowns
cheap prom dresses
party dresses
evening dresses
mother of the bride dresses
special occasion dresses
cheap quinceanera dresses
hot red wedding dresses

Anonymous said...

Replica Handbags
Fake Handbags
Knockoff Handbags

Replica Louis Vuitton Handbags
Replica Gucci Handbags
Replica Chanel Handbags
Prada Handbags
Replica Fendi Handbags
Replica Dolce Gabbana Handbags
Replica Chloe Handbags
Replica Jimmy Choo Handbags
Replica Thomas Wylde Handbags
Replica MiuMiu Handbags

Replica Balenciaga Handbags
Replica Coach Handbags
Replica Lancel Handbags
Replica Hermes Handbags
Replica Marc Jacobs Handbags
Replica Anya Hindmarch Handbags
Replica YSL Handbags
Replica Mulberry Handbags
Replica Givenchy Handbags
Replica Valentino Handbags
Replica Versace Handbags
Replica Cartier Handbags
Replica Marni Handbags
Replica Bottega Veneta Handbags
Replica Loewe Handbags
Replica Kooba Handbags

Replica Bally Handbags
Replica Burberry Handbags
Replica Christian Dior Handbags
Replica Juicy Couture Handbags
Replica Ferragamo Handbags
Replica Celine Handbags

Shauna Younge Dessert Tables said...

Image searching for an upcoming project and stumbled across your site twice. You're a fabulous find and funny to boot.

aprons chef said...

Tough Tux Jacket for $159.99, this is too much. you dont have to buy that products with that price. there are other stores who can go lower with that.