Friday, October 5, 2007

Making it Wearable

I always find it thrilling when I figure out how to wear something I never thought I'd be able to wear. Case in point, the below shorts:



They used to be a pair of my brother's jeans. A few years ago, when they no longer fit him, he gave them to me. I thought they'd be good for lounging around the house, but the extra fabric (Why do boys need such wide pants, I ask you?) was just plain annoying. Plus, they looked really bad. In a fit of rage at the pants, I hacked off the bottoms, thinking they might work better as shorts. But no, they were hideous that way. I resigned myself to never wearing them.

However, yesterday I pulled them out of my closet where they had been collecting dust. I pulled them up higher than they were meant to be pulled using a belt, cuffed the bottoms, and paired them with over-the-knee socks. And whoosh- they were wearable! I am totally thrilled. This is the comfiest outfit ever, and I don't think it looks half bad!

It turns out my shorts are a fall/winter item.

P.S. The hat and over-the-knee socks are a new purchase from Target! And the scarf is a newly arrived swap item! (and, if you're curious about my not-so-new items, the t-shirt is from H&M, the boots are Charles Albert, the belt is Delia*s from about 4 years ago, and the jacket is a Luella for Target item I picked up on Ebay.)

P.P.S. The pink and the houndstooth together make me think of SS07 Luella, especially since the jacket actually is Luella. Hooray!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice outfit! Congratulations on your innovation. :)

Kori said...

Thank you:)